Friday, May 29, 2015


 

                We were all at this hotel waiting for the army to appear. We wanted to see the big cars and all the men in their suits come. That was my daughter’s biggest dream. She is only 4 and already wants to see the world. We only knew they were at this specific hotel because of the news thank you news 10 NBC.

“Please come in sir. You cannot wait outside.” Said the front desk cart.”

“We cannot were waiting for something.”

“You cannot wait outside you will make this 5 star hotel look like a 1 star” he giggled to his friends.”

“This won’t take long please sir I beg you.”

“You have 5 minutes tops”.

 

                Our 5 minutes was almost up and we still didn’t see them coming. I turned and told my daughter it was time for us to leave. But when I turned back I saw them there were about 10 cars following back to back I could hear my daughter in my ear screaming “daddy go look, you see them”. I was so amazed they were driving one got out the car in the front of the hotel and wads coming right for me and my daughter I was nervous and she was surprised.

                “Hello little one “He said to my daughter

                “Oh my god is this really you”

                “Why yes if you’re talking about a solider from the army, yes this is me”.

                “This is a dream come true me and my dad have been waiting out here for hours waiting for you guys to come just so we could see”.

                “Aw that is so nice would you like to touch my uniform? You can if you want to”.

                “Yes I would. I wish I could be one of you guys or my dad I am so happy to finally meet you”.

                “Well you can just go to school and then you will know where to go from there.” He said walking away.”

                “Okay bye sir.”

                “Bye.”

                “Dad did you see them?”

                “Oh yes honey I was right there, right next to you too.”

                “That is the best they were so nice and stuff.”

                “Yes it is. Did you have fun seeing them and talking to them.”

                “I did dad, but I want to come back the news said they were going to be there all week.”

                “Maybe. I don’t know if I have off work for the rest of the week, I need the money and you know this.”

                “But dad.” (She said about to cry)

                “No buts I said maybe and that is final now let’s go back home.”

                “Oh my god fine.” (Stomping her feet)

We went back home to an empty house an empty fridge and an empty soul. Being poor did not only suck at me about it did my daughter? The constant always having to work and it’s still not enough for us to even buy a pair of shoes for my little girl.

                “Dad do you think I can borrow 10 dollars for this instrument my school is selling I really want it.”

                “Here this is all I got please being me back the change.” (Handing her the 20 dollar bill he had left)

                “Ok thanks dad I will!”

A couple days later we went back because my daughter forced me too I didn’t want to go back but then I kind of did I wanted there to be more happiness I got from being with my daughter. I wanted her to smile and say thanks dad she doesn’t really say it that often. So we went back and waited.

                “Hello again sir. How are you?”

“Please come in sir. You cannot wait outside.” Said the front desk cart.

“We cannot were waiting for something.”

“You cannot wait outside you will make this 5 star hotel look like a 1 star” he giggled to his friends.”

“This won’t take long please sir I beg you.”

“You have 5 minutes tops”.

“We went through this couple days ago I already know this.”

“Why are you back here anyways?”

“My daughter wanted to come back and see the solders one last time before they left this weekend.”

“Oh trying to make her happy I see. Good dad.”

“Thank you”

“Dad who were you just talking to?”

“I was talking to the front desk cart”

“Oh ok what else did he say to you I know you guys were talking about me coming back to see the soldiers.”

 “Yes we were, we were talking about how I was a good dad to.”

“You are a good dad.”

“Thank you sweetie. Now look they are all coming.”

“Ok I see them.”

There was a lot of them more than the ones we saw. I saw them far away from us. They were lined up coming in March. Everyone was in their army fatigue uniforms and they look professional. I could see them in the light of the bright sun. They were coming forward to us like last time as if they were going to say something too. They came to us.

                “Hello little one.”

                “Hi.”

                “Are you okay you look a little mad?”

                “I’m good I just wanted to see you guys for one last time before you leave. My dream was that I see you guys when you finally came to my town. Nobody ever comes to Old Country. We usually have to go out of town.”

                “We usually was go to bigger countries that we have more public opinions but we decided to come here for a change. To explore more options.”

                “Oh are you guys coming back anytime soon? Do you think there will be more option looking in Old Country?”

                “Umm I don’t really know if there will be.”

                “Oh all of your buddies are leaving you better go too thin.”

                “I think I have a little bit of time before we have to round up back there.”

                “Yes?”

                “Yes this is the beginning of something new for the army.”

                “That sounds so cool I can’t wait until me and my dad go around the world to see.”

                “Right can’t wait to see you.”

                “There wasn’t a lot of time to be happening when you come.”

                “Yes? I should have noticed that.”

                “Yes I see I hope you understand the military is a very serious thing and little kids aren’t welcomed but we can make an exception to you.”

                “Thank you sir I will be very glad that I can be able to come.”

                “How old are you?”

                “I am 11”

                “Yes? So is my daughter (he said smiling).”

                “Oh cool do you guys live here or do you guys move a lot?”

                “My wife lives here with our daughter and when I get drafted.”

                “What school does your daughter go to?”

                “She goes to Sunnyside High school.”

                “Me too I said with a huge smile.”

                “Do you know her; her name is Makayla?”

                “Yes I do know her we sit together in lunch every day.”

                “I like that she needs friends.”

                “She has a lot of friends they just don’t really hang out with her.”

                “Really thank you for the good news.”

                “Your welcome but I have to go now my dad been in the car this whole time.”

                “Okay hope to see you soon.”

                “You too but I never did get your name.”

                “Carlos.”

                “I’m Melanie.”

                “I will see you when I can. Bye see you soon contact my dad if anything.”

                “Okay thank you I will see you to.”

               

 

               

 

No comments:

Post a Comment